Monday, January 28, 2019

O How Beautiful...Those Who Publish Peace

In a Young Women's meeting recently we had a referral to the youth and all their challenges which felt to me a bit like heading back down the path of negativity surrounding discussions on teens that's been discouraging to me this year. I immediately had a defensive personal reaction. 
As I pulled out my scriptures later to read my Preach my Gospel reading that day, these were the scriptures I read. They brought me peace and confirmed to me that it's better to be hopeful and positive about how awesome are youth are and focus on the good they're doing rather than the negative:
Mosiah 15:
14 And these are they who have published peace, who have brought good tidings of good, who have published salvation; and said unto Zion: Thy God reigneth!
15 And O how beautiful upon the mountains were their feet!
16 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!
17 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those who shall hereafter publish peace, yea, from this time henceforth and forever!

18 And behold, I say unto you, this is not all. For O how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that is the founder of peace, yea, even the Lord, who has redeemed his people; yea, him who has granted salvation unto his people;

No comments: