Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wednesday Hike

Wednesdays, Dan and I are going to try to take hikes together. We went to Grandeur Peak today, but to all the way to the top because Dan had to get home. But SO CLOSE... About a half mile. Can you believe we turned around anyway? I try to think, "We have something to look forward to next time!" And it makes it ok to not make it all the way! (We parked at the top lot just before the trail -- after all the picnic tables. It's about 3.2 miles to the top. We went 2.67. About 2900 of elevation gain on my watch. (Higher than it says on the map, but I think the watch counts extra if you go down a little than up again.)


It was soooo beautiful! So glad we got out and enjoyed the mountains!


Pictures simply don't do it justice. Everything so green and lots of flowers blooming in all colors.

Life Lesson: Don't soak cashews because they turn out really gross!
And apparently, you don't need to soak cashews because they're not really a nut... I learned that on the internet AFTER I'd soaked them. Even after dehydrating, they lost their crunch--which to me is the best part of the cashews.

The pecans and almonds aren't too bad though.

Mom and Marge came over in the afternoon. They had gone to Marge's heart doctor appt. together which Marge was super happy about because Mom always asks lots of questions and isn't afraid to keep asking questions until she understands. Then I got to hear all about the good information they learned together. AND that the doctor was very nice about answering questions and explaining everything. I am always grateful for doctors (and landscapers and retail sales people and teachers and customer service reps and.... on and on... everyone who is patient answering questions.)

(Marge has a thickening leftover from her heart surgery. Even though they scraped some of the thickening away, it's still thicker than normal. And a lazy valve or flap or something. The good news is with the medication she's taking and drinking plenty of water, it won't be a issue to be concerned about.)

We went to Costco together so I could buy the ice cream Chris and Nick love (each their own box because it wasn't quite fair last time). Then Dan came home and grilled salmon and the four of us had a lovely dinner outside on the patio. Nick was with friends and Chris doesn't like salmon anymore so we didn't bother to wake him up for dinner. (He loves his naps!) And he was grateful we didn't.

Good news of the day is I had an eye appointment and am getting a stronger lens for my 
right eye contact. It's always exciting to be able to see better!

Too much nature indoors. I asked Nick to stand with me for moral support,
but he ended up being brave enough to kill it himself. Brave kids are the best!

No comments: