Friday, May 11, 2018

24 Hours of Me Time

Today Dan is headed off at 2:00 to take the scouts fishing in Flaming Gorge. 
Chris is going up to meet him later in the evening. 
At 4:00 Nick is going on an overnight backpacking campout with his scout troop.
I am having the next 24 hours to myself!!!!!!!!

KT and I did BodyPump class and then I had a hair appt. Cut and Color. Because I'm not going gracefully gray. I was just lazy about scheduling an appointment!

It feels good to have rich color and shine again!
This should be called, "Pre-Glamour Shot."
 Nick and I spent an hour getting his food ready and everything finalized for his trip.
(We'd packed earlier this week. The smart Scout leaders had the boys bring their packs on Wednesday to get weighed. Nick's backpack was still heavy in spite of me helping him think through what he needed. The pack itself and tent are so dang heavy. Dan thought they were just fine. But then reconsidered and surprised us with a new pack and tent. He was surprised that his gear from 20 years ago was so outdated! (Way to go Marty hefting it on your 50-miler!) The new gear cut 10 pounds from the overall weight. And is so nice, it got me kind of excited to take a backpacking overnighter to Dog Lake with Dan this summer.
Since I've hiked it before, I know what I'd be getting into. It's not extra steep, and not too long. 
Long and steep enough to be challenging but not enough to make you hate it. (3 miles one way)

Then... I worked on my lesson. Worked on my homework. Took a nap. Ordered a takeout burger from Citris Grill. Watched 3 shows of Frankie and Grace. Finished my Short Story for Workshop.
Went to bed and watched another Frankie and Grace.

Will I ever get tired of alone time?

Everyone in their rain gear and heavy jackets. It's going to snow!

Awesome scouts!

Got snowy and slipper for the last 1/2 mile.

 Boiling water for cup 'a noodles. And wearing the snow hat I made him take.
The only thing he said he didn't want that I said couldn't take out. 

Looks a lot different with snow than it did when I took Kershaw up in the fall!

No comments: