Monday, May 21, 2018

Counting Down to Summer

I am making lists and jotting down ideas of what I'd like to do this summer.
Morning prayer, meditation, scriptures, exercise.
A hike once a week. A long bike once a week.
Boating one evening a week. Deer Valley Symphony.
Another writing class...

I keep asking the boys what they'd like to do this summer. 
Summer to them isn't about planning like it is for me. (Part of the fun of it for me.)
But we do have things we all want to do like:
Bees Games, Drive-In, Hammocking & Hot Dogs in the Canyon,
campout at the spruces, boating, kayaking with the Wingers at Tibble Fork,
Maybe a hike to Timpanogos Cave? Baptisms.

Nick has BYU lacrosse camp, a couple weeks of tennis, Scout 50-miler,
neighborhood lacrosse camps and is teaching swim lessons with a friend for a couple of weeks when our pool gets done. (So fun that he and his friend came up with this idea!)

Chris is going to Mozambique with HEFY for three weeks.
Aside from that he just wants to hang out. Hopefully that includes working some as well.

Speaking of working, I am making a list of chores for the boys as well.
And my projects include organizing the books/papers/loose photos in my office
and putting photos in all the empty frames throughout our home.

We are all looking forward to a summer where we will be home more and not traveling as much as last summer. Which also included moving and moving in. 
AND swimming in our new pool!!!

No comments: