Sunday, May 06, 2018

Playing in the Backyard

Carol and I met Friday morning for a bike ride up to Ruth's Cafe. (We didn't stop to eat. Just a good turnaround point.) It's hard to talk while riding bikes on busy streets. But we did talk. Sometimes I talk too much -- even on a bike! This good weather is glorious!

Friday night we went to the Jazz game with the Christensens. Oh man. I've never seen such a bad game. At one time we were down by 40! What?! The Jazz have been so much fun to watch this year because they rebound everything and hit their 3-pointers like its easy. But Houston is possibly the best team in the NBA. They shut the Jazz down.

Nick had a sleepover at his friend's house. It's fun to see his friend group widening.

Saturday I took Nick to 8:00 baseball practice (kinda tough after a sleepover... he was up until 2:30 am!). Kershaw and I jogged around the neighborhood while we waited. Another beautiful, warm day. I ran several 10 minute sets with only 2 minutes of walking in between. I'm getting stronger!

We can walk on the grass now! Dan had Chris set up the slack lines tighter and among trees where they fit better. Chris can take 7 or 8 steps on the slackline! Nice!



We filled up the car with stuff to take to DI. I decided to send the Kokopellis. But on the way they were clanking together and Dan said, "I think they're saying, 'don't send us away!'" And I started to feel guilty! So I texted the opinion of my sisters and Courtney. Courtney was adamant... No! Keep them! "That's all I stared at while I played the piano all growing up! They were my most consistent audience!" We kept them!!

That night we went to The Music Man at Hale Theater with Marge. So much fun!! DAN HAD NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE! I couldn't believe it! Michelle and I sang along to the record multiple times, daily and acted it out. He asked if I knew the words to the songs. Um Yes. Remember my nerd-music days? (BTW, I totally don't think its nerd music... its my music. It's other people...ahem...who think its nerd music.) I have to admit I got a little teary during Wells Fargo Wagon because Courtney was Winthrop in her school musical in 3rd grade. I'll try to post the video later. Not tonight. It's too late. Oh, she was cute!



Sunday we had the most beautiful evening sitting outside on the new couches while the boys played on the slack lines and trampoline. Then Chris had the idea to watch the first part of The Best Two Years for Family Home Evening. We love that movie. And I love that the boys love that movie. And the main character came to our home for Thanksgiving dinner one year. Claim to Fame.



We watched the first part and then no one wanted to stop. So we watched the whole thing. Made me a little teary thinking of when Marty got us all to watch it. And now he's living it. And in one year Marty will be home and Chris will be getting ready to go! Wow! I can't believe how time goes so fast!

No comments: