Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Busyyyyy...

Today and Yesterday felt like a race going from one thing to the next!
Amongst everything to be doing, was also the underlying need to find a few hours sitting to work on homework and my Relief Society lesson!

I had my consultation with Nicole and over the next 10 weeks we're going to talk about everything from Chakras to Muscle Firing to Breathing to Posture. (Which are all related.) I've got to keep a 10-day food (and poop!) diary, fill out 5 detailed questionnaires, and write down my goals in the present-tense "I am grateful for.." intentions. (As if they're already happening.) I'll work with Ryan to do body work, starting with loosening my scaleens (don't know how to spell it) and my diaphragm. I'm excited to get started. (If the word "Chakras" makes me uncomfortable, she can call them "zones" instead. It actually makes me feel kind of hip to be discussing Chakras, so I told her I was fine with it!)

I had an appt. with Catherine to figure out pots for indoor plants and then 
Nick and I headed to his baseball game.
Action shot! See the ball?
Tuesday started out with an 8:00 meeting with the electrician and PT with Michelle.
Then I headed to the temple and missed my session by 2 minutes. I realized I was late by the time I got in the building, so when I ran into several people I knew, I took my time visiting with them 
(Salt Lake Temple has a big lobby area outside of the dressing room where you can visit).

I had to wait an entire hour before the next session, but I'd taken my Ensign in my bag so I could read through my lesson while I was waiting. Only problem was while I was sitting in my locker quietly reading, there was a knock on the door. A sister missionary had been waiting--for probably quite a while--to get into the room! I forgot that other people still needed to use the room as well! 

It was soooooo nice to have several hours to quietly ponder with no distractions and my phone off.
The temple is such a peaceful haven.

When I got home, I tried to work on my homework and spend some time planning my lesson. Then help get dinner ready because Kurt Wickham was in town and joining us! Dan grilled steaks and it was great weather for eating outside!

I picked up the lacrosse carpool at 7:30 and we got home around 8:00. Even though I knew it was 8:00, my brain didn't register the time because it was so light and nice outside. Chris and Nick were jumping on the tramp and we started contemplating how nice summer will be. By 8:30 I looked at my watch because it was Book Club night. Which starts at 8:00. But it was so light! I'm used to heading off to book club in the dark!

At book club we ended up talking until almost midnight. Really emotional stuff like adoption, adoption from other countries, the "survivor" guilt feelings of having all that we have by simply being born in America. Everyone's kids are getting older. 
Graduating from high school, from college, from elementary. 
I love having a group of friends that have known each other so long.

No comments: