Saturday, May 12, 2018

My Funny Brain

My brain works in a really funny way.
Today I got up and spent most of the morning finalizing my lesson.
Here's my kitchen table: Computer, Scriptures, Books, Ensign. Spent probably 3-4 hours.

BUT, just when I finished eating lunch, Traci, a RS Presidency member dropped by. She brought me a little gift to say thanks for teaching on Mother's Day. And she said, "Are you working on your lesson?" And I said, "No." Because in my brain, I wasn't. I was eating lunch.

After she left, I was laughing at myself. There are times my brain is so literal. It's an Adair-family trait. We have to clarify everything! And not take any credit that seems over-stepping!

Others: "What a beautiful home! You've done an amazing job!"
Me: It wasn't me. It was Catherine and Lance and the Architects. And the craftsmen.

Others: "I love this cake!"
Me: "I know! It's not my recipe though. It's my friends' mom's."

Others: "Those are such cute pants!"
Me: "Thanks, I got them at T.J. Maxx!"

The thought process goes like this:
"I can't say that I'm working on my lesson, because I'm not working on it right this second." (Never mind that I've spent all morning working on it.)

Anyway, I'm a weirdo. Fortunately, so are all my sisters in this regard. So we just laugh at ourselves!


Shout out to these headphones who went through the wash and 
still worked perfectly on my run this morning!

No comments: