Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Scripture Power

Today I finished the Old Testament! It has been a long challenge to study the whole thing start to finish and include the Institute study guide throughout so I could understand it better. I think I started about the time Marty left on his mission. Or maybe even when he left to college.

There were times in my reading that I thought, "I don't even like this." There were times I was confused and my readings seemed meaningless, but then I read the study guide and came away with "Wow! That makes a lot more sense!" And other times my readings were just what I needed in my life. I was so inspired or my mind was opened and a seemingly random verse or chapter from 2000 years ago was totally applicable to my life today. I received answers, understanding and impressions.

I didn't use my colored marking system, but just underlined important parts with a pen and tried to write some helpful facts from the study guide in the margins. I wish I'd used my colored system because I feel like then I would never have to read it again start to finish. But without the markings, it feels less personal and I want to have it personalized like my Book of Mormon. Its probably a good thing to have a reason to go back and do it again. Not soon, however. It's like having a baby. Hard. And something I don't want to do again for a while.



No comments: