Monday, May 28, 2018

Off to a Great Start!

I love the first Sunday of summer. Its the best feeling at night knowing there's no school the next day!

Sunday morning, Nick and Miles made pancakes and even got this giant one turned without breaking it!




Chris blessed the sacrament at Holladay Healthcare then he and Luke hurried up the canyon to The Spruces to reserve a campsite for their annual Memorial Day campout. They set up their tent and made it back in time for church.

After church Chris hurried around gathering supplies then left with his 9 friends. They've been doing this since the summer after 8th grade. I remember being so proud they wanted to camp and got everything figured out all by themselves. That year one of the dads, Dave, got a campsite nearby so he'd be close if they needed help. But they were great. The next year they still needed parents to drive them up and drop them off. But by Sophomore year they were on their own.

Nick and Miles watched a movie and Dan and I took a walk with Kershaw. Later I finished my homework for the week. I made a goal that I wouldn't work on it on Sunday and take away from family time. For the most part I've been able to accomplish it, or at least get up early on Sunday to finish before everyone else was up. But this week I still had a story to finish.

It's been so rainy. So much water has collected at the end of the street that the ducks think its a pond!
Dan wondered if I wanted to go to my dad's gravesite for Memorial Day, but I definitely did not. I felt very strongly that I did not want to even think about it. So even though I can talk about him dying, I'm not ready to go actually visit his gravesite -- essentially visit him dead. I'm preferring to just remember him alive.

Monday morning I had an appointment with Nicole (the holistic healer person I'm seeing) and we talked about eating -- which I'm doing very well on. I came home and no one was home, so I took a jog. When I got home from that, still no one was home. I called Dan and he was picking up the truck from Chad's because he'd just bought a driving simulator from his friend who he's been going racing with lately.

You can imagine how disappointed Miles was when it was time for him to go home right when we were unloading the simulator! However, it took most of the afternoon to figure out how to set it up correctly and download the software, create an account and get it working properly. But the boys all are having so much fun with it!



Dan and I went to the new Star Wars movie, Solo. In preparation we watched the new one that had come out at Christmas that I never saw. (Maybe I was sick...) I loved them both!
(We also watched Jumanji with Nick and Miles on Saturday night. Lots of good movies this weekend -- perfect alternative to being outside because we had lots of rain.)

Earlier in the day we'd shopped at Trader Joe's after where we found pre-made pizza dough. 
Dan was super excited to try making pizza on the grill. It turned out delicious!!
He has a goal to grill every single night this summer. Or at least the nights he's home early.
I wouldn't mind eating outside every night. At least right now the weather is cool and our porch and backyard are so beautiful and welcoming!


 Sheree took these amazing photos while she was here!




No comments: