Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Restoring

KT and I hiked to the 1st River today and made a goal to hike in a different canyon each month.
What you can't see in this photo is us restoring the log back to its spot propped between two trees.
Someone--possibly a wilderness trail official--moved it to block an off-trail trail.

But that log has created a bench overlooking the valley for at least 20 years
and I'm pretty sure if whoever moved it knew that, they wouldn't have moved it in the first place.

We put it back.



Here's a pic I took of it June 19, 2012
And another reference November 13, 2019. (Happy Birthday, Rach!)
So yeah, the bench belongs there.
(Although seeing this picture, I realize KT and I put it in backwards.)

June 19, 2012

And how's this for an unexpected visitor?!


We hear it calling nearly all summer and I've seen many times while walking on the street behind us.
But I've never seen it cross the river over to our yard!

No comments: