Sunday, April 07, 2024

April Conference

Favorite thoughts from talks at Conference today:

Ronald Rasband: Words matter. Be careful what you say. Think first.
When in doubt one of three expressions: Thank you. I'm sorry. I love you.

Of course that reminded me of wisdom from Armand Gamache that I like just a little bit more:
I was wrong. I'm sorry. I don't know. I need help.

Dale Renlund: Maintain spiritual momentum

Paul Pieper: Don't ask "why" but, "what does God what you to learn?"
Trust in the Lord--he is focused on our growth and progress.

Patrick Kearon: Absolutely every word of his talk:

"Our Father's beautiful plan, even his "fabulous" plan, 
is designed to bring you home, not to keep you out."

"If you are prone to worry that you will never measure up,
or that the loving reach of Christ's infinite Atonement mercifully covers everyone else,
but not you, then you are misunderstanding.
'Infinite' means infinite. 'Infinite' covers you, and those you love."

And of course, that the opening prayer was given by Vi Sikahima.

No comments: