Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Youngest Child


Do you remember that last year I forgot to buy Nick a yearbook?

We get monthly reminders. And as the end of the year arrives, weekly reminders. And a week before the purchase deadline, daily. And last year I ignored them all because I'm the type of mom who is organized and fills out all the paperwork right away and purchases the things on day one. 

When Nick called me to say they didn't have a yearbook for him and do I have a receipt? I didn't even panic. Because I have an e-mail folder for all things high school, and I knew it would be right where I could find it. When it wasn't, I checked the receipts folder and then did a general search many times over. Until from the deep recesses of my brain I remembered way back last August I'd had some trouble loading the page and thought it may be because so many people were on the site and I would get back to it later...

Needless to say, every time we get a reminder this year, I keep checking my folders to make sure the receipt is there. 

Do you also remember that when Nicholas was born something was wrong with the videotape (way back when that's how we had to record things) but said, "not to worry," there's a back-up tape in the bag. And there was, but that tape got eaten too. (Or something like that.) Well, despite none of the other children EVER looking at their birth videos, not capturing Nick's birth still haunts me. HAUNTS me!

No comments: