Monday, May 01, 2023

Shower Caps

When the PTA President baton was passed over to me,
(No, not today... could you even imagine? I'm talking about 18 years ago!)
the president also gifted me a survival kit which included a shower cap.

I'd never used a shower cap before. 
I wash (or at least wet) my hair and blow dry every. single. day. because when I don't,
it's so thin and fine and straight it barely covers my scalp and clings to the side of my face which
which isn't a good look for someone with such a large chest.

Pony tails are an option when I have longer hair, 
but are never very flattering for the same reason.
(Nope! Dry shampoo doesn't give me body either!)

Then along came the trend of curls with flat irons or curling irons.
And when I finally got the hang of it (which took years),
I could go two days between shampoos and blow drys.
(shampoo and blow drys? shampoo and blow drying?)
shampooing and blow drying? it?

Since then, I've fully embraced the shower cap.
Dan's super nice not to make rude comments -- that's not his personality --
but he doesn't even cringe on the outside.

Which would be really easy to do when having to look at 
the dime store blue cap I've used for the last five or more years.

But I finally found a cute one.


No comments: