Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Last Day

More Memories:
*"fee waiver" 
*everyone checking and double-checking to make sure 
we ordered caps and gowns and yearbooks for our graduates. 
*dead mice and dead elk. ticks and bat bugs.
(strength of friends supporting me as I disposed of the mouse in the house but left the two in the barn for someone else to deal with.)
*crowding in the sauna
*me unsure if the solid metal fire cover would actually smother the fire in spite of
everyone assuring me it would

Edie, Jennie and I hiked through The Box, while Jenn and KT did another circuit in the gym.


A horrible smell accosted us and now I know what death smells like.
An elk had decomposed just off the trail. Looked like he got trapped in a rock slide.


Sweet flowers.


A herd of elk visited us across the fence.


Documenting the leftover snow.
And you know what's easy? Cleaning up with five moms.
Didn't have to tell anyone what to do or how to do it.
(Except when their standards were higher than mine -- 
do not bother squeegying shower glass. I don't do it. Never.)

No comments: