Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Dishwasher Grime

Have you ever cleaned your dishwasher filter? If not, you should, they get soooo gross. I think I keep on top of it pretty well (once a year, maybe?) but over the last couple days, I noticed our dishwasher racks had pink mildew appearing all over them. 

Like what is happening? Shouldn't running a daily cycle clean and sanitize not only the dishes in the racks, but the racks themselves? 

I'm not quite sure how it got so bad, but I couldn't ignore the pink slime any longer. The job required rags, a toothbrush, white vinegar, lots of elbow grease, removing the racks and cleaning around every prong, getting the edges and corners, scrubbing the tub (it was bad!!) and the right personality to see it through to the end and not stop at "good enough."

Now I've made a list of summer chores for myself. One a day? One a week? Feels so good to clean up the grime and junk.

No comments: