Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Infectious Smile

Went to the dentist thinking I was having a filling replaced.
Turned out the filling is perfect, but I've got a gnarly sinus infection causing pain in my cheek and radiating down to my mouth.


But the good thing is, because we took x-rays, the dentist discovered the painful pocket where I thought the filling had fallen out was showing some bone loss near my implant.
Scared me straight and finally bought the Waterpik they've been telling me to get after every appointment for the last...five years.

I had a waterpik once and I absolutely detest the process.
Going to bed should be a quiet, peaceful experience.
The waterpik was the opposite. Water spraying in your mouth and over your face while you cock your head at an uncomfortable angle so the water pours from your gums into the sink.

It's the same reason I can't stand tubular mascara.
Or washing my face with a facial scrub before bed.
It's messy.
And not how I want to end the day.

But I do want teeth. 
And I don't want bone loss.
I'll let you know how the waterboarding waterpiking goes.

No comments: