Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Sipping, Soaking, Deep Diving

Sip 'n Soak at Amy's indoor hot tub and pool that's heated as hot as a cool hot tub.
Breakfast, soaking, a grandbaby in attendance and catching up with good friends.

Afterward we showered together two at a time (in bathing suits) and were very sad that BeReal didn't let us BeReal at that moment because it's a good one to remember.
The group is getting smaller as more friends are becoming empty nesters 
and many are going back to work full time.


My three hour Deep Dive Workshop #deepdivews tonight with #tsnotyaw
and I love how we're "hanging out" with our hosts -- three authors and agents and 
Hank Phillippi Ryan as if we're all good friends. 
Such a fun structure -- an hour with an industry professional (super star power too),
30 minutes for questions. 30 minute breakout sessions with small groups to work on an exercise,
and another 30 - 45 minutes of questions with the agents. 

Last week I was able to ask Bianca about writing "death on the page" and she gave me some good ideas how to allude to it but not go in depth.
And this week I asked about multiple POV's and if changing between five people, with one taking half the time, is frowned upon. She and Carly gave me great advice -- stick with one because its easier. 
But if I do more, each has to have their own arc. And, we can't be with one character for too much time because the reader will resent you if you pull away from them.

I literally get the opportunity to speak directly with published authors and agents. I love it.
They are so gracious and genuine in wanting everyone to improve their craft and get published.


No comments: