Sunday, February 05, 2023

Cozy Sunday

Nick doesn't have a heavy schedule this year and he's home by lunch every other day.
Chris has been coming home almost daily to work out.
I've been thinking its a little like Covid,
a gift of time that won't last long, and I'm going to enjoy every second I get with them.

Pretty soon Nick will be going to college and then a mission.
Chris may not have as much flexible time in the future. 
We'll be traveling more.
So for now, I'm going to enjoy every, "Hey Mom, look at this!" I get.

When I got home from church today, Nick was playing the piano!
He's teaching himself a riff from a Kanye West song on YouTube
(and he moved the electric piano to his loft).
I wonder if there's anything I love as much as hearing my kids play music?

He inspired me to sit down and play for a while today too.


We got a big fluffy snowstorm after church, I had the Mormon Tab 
playing and everything inside felt extra cozy with all afternoon to journal and read uplifting books.
(Including reading my dad's research notes on "Evidences of the Authenticity of the Book of Mormon.")


Dan is out of town, but Nick, Chris and I went to Shaeffers for dinner
and then Dunc and Kristin joined Chris and me at a fireside with Steven Sharp Nelson
(the piano guys). An all around uplifting day.

I was released from my calling teaching Singing Time today. We're traveling almost every weekend, 
so even thought I'll miss the children and working with Leslie and being in Primary, I asked to be released.
Primary songs are seriously the best.

Cleaned out my singing time closet full of fun games and activities. 
Will I get to use these again some day?


Photos from Denver:
Look at the smiles on these two!
Emi, you're just perfect!

No comments: