Saturday, February 04, 2023

Friends for Life

 Jenny, Carol and our husbands got together for dinner and games tonight.
This afternoon I was buying dessert and ran into Patti at the store, 
which couldn't have been coincidence since she was also our roommate in college.

She wasn't able to join us for dinner but came for games.
The four of us became friends in ninth and tenth grades and then were roommates our Freshman year and some of Sophomore year until Carol and Jenny moved out to get married (to Bart and Doug).

When Dan was in the MTC and wanted me to come visit him,
(no, I shouldn't have gone!), Doug, the recent RM, and therefore expert advice giver,
 was over at our apartment with Carol and said it was no big deal and I should definitely go visit Dan.

 So Patti and I walked up to the MTC from Raintree. Elder Pinegar, the MTC president, welcomed us  with open arms and invited us to sit on the couch in the main room. 
(Clearly wanting to avoid clandestine girlfriend visits in the dark behind the bushes!)

Meanwhile, Jenny was living in the apartment across the way and dating Bart. 

I love having friends who have known me all my life. 
And their husbands too!

We played Ransom Notes and laughed hysterically. 
Doug definitely had the most natural talent.

No comments: