Tuesday, February 07, 2023

My Gym!

Emi got to go to My Gym today and she loved it!
My Gym is seriously my favorite kids play place ever 
(okay, I love you too, Bright Child!)
and I was giddy when I saw their sign in Denver off the highway near Marty & Lizzie's home. 
I don't think Emi was even born yet.

I have the best memories of my kids playing at My Gym. 
They LOVED all of it -- the ball pit, the zip line, the slides, the music, the songs, the friends.

We moved to Los Angeles in April of 1999--Marty was 2 and Courtney was 4--
Courtney had been in preschool in New Jersey (Gingham Giraffe!), 
but wasn't starting her new preschool (Crestwood Hills Co-op!) until the summer,
 so we had a couple of months to fill with activities and somehow I found My Gym.

They were in different age groups so I entertained one child in the parents' area while the other was in class and then they swapped. Afterward we went to Burger King for Kids' Meals because Marty was really excited about the Teletubbies toys. 

OMG, what if I hadn't said yes to Kids' Meals at Burger King and Teletubbies?!
I have such a fond memory of those toys and that time!

Both the kids had lots of friends' birthdays there 
(including Marty's 5-year-old where he got sick and couldn't attend his own party!) 
Marty did My Gym weekly for three years often with friends from preschool, 
and his EY year, his whole class went together each week. Kids would play and moms would hang out.

In Utah, Chris went to Little Gym which was a more structured playtime but fun,
and then, we got a My Gym in Draper when Nick was preschool age and I took he and Luke A. for a year.
 

Me: "Are you guys ready to go to My Gym?"
3-year-old Marty: "No Mom! It's MY Gym."
Me: "Right. Let's head to gym class."

No comments: