Thursday, February 02, 2023

Solitude Skiing with Carol

Carol invited me to go skiing and I was torn between really wanting to spend time with Carol
and not really wanting to go skiing. 
Ugh, its such a slog to gather all the gear and drive all the way there and hike forever from the parking lot to the ski hill and the weather looks SOO cold. And I haven't been to Solitude in a really long time 
(I think I've only been once since high school) and I'm not great about trying new things.

Dan reminded me that every time I go skiing, I'm really happy and I have a good time.

The weather was gorgeous, sun was shining, I LOVED being in the mountains,
snow was perfect, Solitude was really fun and we parked only about 50 feet away from the hill.

We're about the same level, willing to go on the moguls if we have to, but avoiding them if we can.

No lines, the faces were wide open, and the canyons and trails reminded me how much I like to be surrounded by trees.


Moral of the story, say yes to spending time with people you want to foster friendships with,
AND, surround yourself by people who remind you of the things you like to do when your brain is telling you a different story.



Also, buy new goggles because you're a nube if you have gap.
(Say the boys.)

No comments: