Saturday, August 27, 2022

Would You Look At That

I finally bought a pair of Birkenstocks this summer. 
And then I bought three more.
I wore a cute gray pair exactly once, sometime in June, and then I lost them.
I looked everywhere, retraced my steps, scoured shoe drawers and cleaned out cubbies to no avail.

The summer came and went and the mystery was never solved.
Until this morning when I sat on the floor near my bed to stretch before my bike ride.
And there they were, tucked neatly and completely under the bed.

On the bright side, they still look new!


Just as I was leaving on my ride, Courtney called.
She was with her friend, Meghan, getting bagels and Jamba Juice and when they got in the car to come home, it wouldn't start. I picked them up and brought another key but no luck. 
So we left the car there for Dan and I to deal with later.

I still got a ride in, and then Courtney and Michael's friends came over to swim.
I got to hang out with everyone and get caught up. 
Lots of children in this bunch which is a fun to see these kids starting families.

While we were swimming, 
Dan and Nick raced today--Nick is one race away from getting his provisional license.

We didn't have any plans this evening, so thought we'd grocery shop while we waited for AAA.
But as it turned out, all the car needed was a jump start and a new battery.
Dan took care of both while I shopped.
Back at home we ate leftovers for dinner and honestly, it was a great night together.


 

No comments: