Sunday, August 07, 2022

Fasting and Pivoting

Fast Sunday is always so much easier when you're fasting with a purpose.
Mike P. was in a bike accident last week when he hit a deer coming down Millcreek Canyon.
(Greg & Doug C. are the ones who found him!) 
He miraculously survived, but is recovering from Traumatic Brain Injury. 
He's making good progress and is anxious to get back to work and exercise, 
but he still has a lot of healing to go. Included in my prayers were strength for Jenn and their family.
Not easy to care for someone you love when they're in pain.

I had a few things of my own on my mind to include in my fasting and prayers today
and feeling grateful for this aspect of church that sets aside one Sunday a month for this practice.
Not sure I'd remember or take the time on my own without the reminder.
Maybe I would. I probably would. But I'd probably forget a lot too.

The back gate is open and this baby and its mama have been enjoying the roses and hydrangeas.


EC and I were going to Pagosa tomorrow.
At 12:30 today we got word that the Pagosa airport was shutting down on Monday for three weeks of maintenance. Made a plan to fly into Durango, ugh, then got another update that one pilot was out of commission and our travel would need to be delayed a few hours, double ugh, because Monday would essentially be a travel day instead of a getting work done day.

Literally last minute decided to fly out tonight because we'd be able to land in Pagosa. Hoping the gate would be open so we could get our car out. But needed to wait until the weather cleared in Pagosa.
Finally, finally the pilot got a hold of someone who worked at the airport. Nope, the gate was shut down. But he agreed to go to the airport and pull our car out and gave us the pedestrian gate code.
Everything worked perfectly.
Smooth flying, runway lights came on, code and car worked, made it to the grocery store before it closed and to the ranch with no trouble and PHEW, had the gate code in my phone. 
So excited to be here for the week!


 

No comments: