Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Road Trip!

Sunday Jenn asked if I wanted to go to Jackson with her on Tuesday!
I'm not often spontaneous, especially when it involves leaving my kids.
And its not often that my week lies wide open.
I wonder; however, if now that Nick's finishing high school, if I'll be alot more flexible.
Mentally and Socially. I'm kinda looking forward to that.

Also, Jenn's had a horrible five weeks, beginning when her husband hit a deer on his bike and 
now is slowly recovering from a Traumatic Brain Injury.
Then two weeks ago one of her best friends' sons took his life. 
So.

Finally, finally she was able to get away and take a minute to herself
in the most beautiful place hiking and swimming and kayaking and most importantly 
laughing, belly laughing and pee-your-pants laughing.

I didn't even think, just said yes, because the turquoise of the Jackson lakes at the base of
the stony rugged mountains with the hope of seeing bears, moose or bison is my absolute favorite.
Even almost dare I say more than Pagosa. 
And I love laughing with Jenn - my birthday twin - almost as much as anything else in life.

Road Trip!


Heather is a new friend to me and Mimi is my neighbor who I'm excited to get to know better.
We arrived, dropped off our bags and headed on a hike to Phelps Lake overlook.


Another favorite is meeting travelers of all different ages from all over!
Germany, England, Florida, Poland, Colombia, and Netherlands to name a few.

And we saw bears! Three! From a distance. But that's probably a good thing.
Mimi brought her binoculars and we also met super friendly people with 
high-powered lenses willing to share the view.

The first bear was bathing in Phelps Lake below us.



On the way home, we saw several cars pulled over so we joined them 
and got to see (through binoculars) two more black bears in the bushes eating berries.
Everyone is so excited to share the news and pass along where and how to view.
So much camaraderie out here in the wilderness.

Jenn made dinner, we played double ditto, shared stories and stayed up past midnight. 

No comments: