Friday, March 25, 2022

Saying Goodbye

Clara's graveside service was today.
She wanted it short and simple, no talks, just her testimony read
and O My Father sung or performed.

Stephanie B., our Relief Society President played 
O My Father on the violin and I think I want that at my funeral too.
(Plenty of time to practice, Marty & Lizzie)

Her oldest granddaughter read Clara's testimony that she'd written out previously
and our bishop gave a few short comments and dedicated the grave.

They asked me to share what Clara told me a few months ago (and I had the foresight to write it down).
Her grandkids let go of the balloons.

"Let off blue and white balloons at my funeral. A time to break loose. No tears, just rejoicing.
All the things I've endured and put up with, I've done it! Check it off the list!"




No comments: