Saturday, March 26, 2022

Black Bean Brownies

I've seen quite a few recipes for black bean brownies and I've been curious.
And skeptical.
But when Babs had a Reel about adding a can of black beans and water to a brownie box mix 
instead of the oil and egg, I was willing to give black beans a try
from a scratch recipe--not a box recipe. 

They turned out pretty good. 
Would I serve them outside of my family or try to pull them off 
as not having black beans added. No. No I would not. 
But if you're looking for a sugar-free, gluten free treat that's tasty but not addictive,
this is a winner. I'll def do the peanut butter swirl across the whole top next time.


Dan and I saw Lost City in the movie theater last night. 
First movie in a theater (besides The Chosen) since before Covid!
It felt quite celebratory to see the theater packed just like old times.
The movie was pretty good. It's hard not to like anything Sandra Bullock is in.
Lots of cheesy parts, even a cringe or two, but a lot of pretty good jokes as well.

No comments: