Monday, March 02, 2020

Mementos

Courtney gave me this mug while I was in New York.
My own Columbia Engineering mug to remind me of Courtney.


While we were in Hawaii, we were looking for Marty's name
on the Hawaiian license plate souvenirs in the gift shop.
Or maybe it would be on a miniature surf board.
It wasn't. The only time we ever found his name was on this mug at Legoland.

I told Courtney I used it the whole time he was on his mission.


But now I use this one.
It makes me feel happy to use their mugs with their names on them.


I actually have my own mug too. 
It's fun to use everyone else's (we have Morgan Stanley mugs and Olympus High mugs)
but we didn't have one that was mine. So I bought one and that made me feel better.

But like I said, while the kids are gone, I like using something of theirs.


1 comment:

LifeOfARealMom said...

What a cute idea - to use your kids mugs to remind you of them. Of course, I know don't need a mug to remember them by. Ummm. How can I put that better? SEE?! You say it so well. Still. I like the idea. #flownthecoop #grownup #adultchildren