Thursday, March 26, 2020

Joy in Small and Simple Things

Long walk with Kershaw today.
Look at these crocus! (crocuses?) (crocus'?) (croci?!)


And sweet little purple flowers on what would otherwise be considered
weeds in the grass.

And bonus... I took the bridge at the end of the circle into the gated community, 
and just when Kershaw and I got to the closed gate at the end of the road, 
a car drove up and we were able to walk out.


This quote from Pres. Hinckley made me happy.

So did FaceTiming with Courtney...


 ...and discovering how to use the fun emojis at the bottom of FaceTime.

...and discovering Mormojis, which were actually Mormon emojis!
And animojis... I'm learning so much during quarantine time!



Dan braved Costco so he could get Mexican Cokes for Christopher
whenever he gets home.
(We are assuming we'll just get a phone call the day before letting us know.)




And best of all was finishing our night with games -- 
Ticket to Ride and Uno.
Starting today we are trying to be more deliberate in how we spend our evenings together.
Day one was great!


On the list are game night, puzzles, Lego's, play instruments, read, movie night (saving all the good Disney, LDS and clean movies for when Chris gets home), TV night, 
projects or learn something new, cook, and do whatever night.

Also, when we read scriptures I mentioned that I was confused about the timing between Jacob and Omni. It seemed someone lived a really long time. 
And Nick laughed and said he was thinking the same thing. 
I was so impressed he was 1) reading the scriptures, 2) thinking about them.

I could go on and on. I feel really, really blessed. 
We have so much to be grateful for. 

I know Coronavirus hasn't really hit us in a personal way yet (except for Chris coming home, loved ones in quarantine, weddings on hold etc.) but nobody has experienced illness.
So for that, I'm also grateful.

No comments: