Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Making Room to Grow

Sheree gave me these two succulent bowls after I hosted a shower 
for Elise and Monet.

They lived good lives outside this summer, surviving the summer on a black table,
then thriving as the weather cooled.

Only problem is I forgot to bring them in before a freeze.
They've been inside for a couple of weeks and today I cleaned up all the dead
and hoping the living portions will enjoy wintering over in the sunroom.
(I sure do!)

Christopher saw me cleaning them up and said it reminded him of Jacob 5.


What I'm grateful for:
I had a whole long list of things to do today and happily worked through so much.
Lots more tomorrow, but I love my life right now where I don't feel rushed or stressed
but I have lots of things I enjoy that keep me just the right amount of busy.

Also an inspiring thought from Come Follow Me--
Years ago at a mission conference, Elder Oaks advised that when your mind wanders while you're reading the scriptures, don't always go back to where you last remember.
Instead, ponder on the places your mind went. 
There's a good chance it's revelation about things you need to focus on.
Coincidentally, this morning I had a paper and pen with me to keep track of the to-do's that came to mind
while I was reading scriptures. It's such a quiet time, I find I often think of things I want to get done.
Not all of it is spiritual or Christ-focused or even people-focused.

But do you believe God is in the details of our lives?
And do you believe he wants you to have your best day in the way that makes you the most happy?

Then it makes sense that quiet personal time will bring all sorts of ideas to the fore-front of your mind
like things you need to get done, or things you need to remember, or ideas and solutions to problems,
or people you need to love and how you can love them, including yourself.

No comments: