Monday, November 27, 2023

FAO Schwartz

Dan left early this morning and Lizzie and Emi had to leave before noon.
So we had just enough time to do the last thing on our list -- 
FAO Schwartz.
(I can't believe we did everything we wanted to this week!)

We got to Rockefeller Center just after 9:00 when the store opened
and didn't have any lines and the store wasn't too crowded.




We got to see everything and Emi even got to choose a Christmas present
(Marty really wanted to get her something!)

On the way home she was very surprised and excited about the train coming.


Emi's already a New Yorker!


Lizzie is heading home to Colorado and a week alone with Emi
while Marty goes to Kennett Square, Pennsylvania (near Philadelphia) to work from the office there.

Good luck, Lizzie!

I had a plan for something I wanted to do that afternoon, but I didn't want to say anything in front of Lizzie because it seemed mean to mention that while she was wrangling a baby on the airplane...
I was taking Marty to get a foot massage.

I found a place in our neighborhood and
thought it would be fun to take everyone while they were here, but we didn't have time.
But I wasn't going to miss out! Marty and I loved it.

The rest of the day we did laundry, replaced the sheets, tidied up and 
chilled and worked on our computers.
Michael and Courtney came over for dinner and pretty soon it was time for Marty to leave.

He was taking the subway to Penn Station to the train to Philly to the airport to get a rental car to drive to Kennett Square. Good luck, Marty!

I changed my flight to go home Wednesday instead of Tuesday. 
I'm looking forward to a day alone cleaning up and getting organized and not worrying about everything waiting for me back home.

No comments: