Sunday, October 22, 2023

Winterizing the Ranch

Marty and Lizzie and cute little Emi left this morning.



Fortunately Dan and I didn't have to leave until 2:45 p.m. so we had plenty of time to
 finish the winterizing chores and clean up.
Smoke from both fires was filling the valley with haze and the oppressive heat and smell.
It's probably my subconscious, but when it smells like fire, it seems like its a million degrees outside.

We feel so fortunate that we had such great weather and clean air for the whole week!
And it's easier to say goodbye when its muggy.

When we arrived home to Utah, I took Dan straight to the airport for a conference in San Diego.
I came home and hung out with Nick all evening. 
We even went to Porcupine Grill for dinner because I wasn't up for cooking.

He's making plans to move out of the dorms and has worked really hard on getting approvals and looking for new digs, talking to agents and figuring out how to sell his contract. 
He's a kid who when he puts his mind to doing something figures out how to get things done!
I've always admired that about him.

I've been sharing the story about the time Nick saved up for an electric Razor motorcycle.
He had to wait months for it to arrive, and when it finally did, Dan was out of town. 
I told him Dad would be home in just a couple of days and would help him put it together then. 

A while later I walked out to the garage and there he was,
instructions laid out and building it all by himself.
He has a lot of confidence in himself and knows he can figure things out.
I found the picture. (I've been telling everyone he was 7 or 8, but I guess he was 11.)
September 2016.

No comments: