Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Writer's Retreat

I'm getting away to focus on writing without distractions this week. 
Got to my hotel after the movie last night, and went straight to bed after unpacking.
Slept alright (kept dreaming someone was in my room), but woke up and got to work.


It took a while to get back in the head of Jill and Jake, find plot threads that needed to be picked up and remember timeline details. That's what's hard about leaving it for a day and especially a couple of weeks. It takes a lot of time to get back into it. But I found a good rhythm and basically sat on my bed in this same spot all day! Felt fantastic about my progress.

Brought food so I didn't have to stop and go out. 
Baked Cheetos saved the day during a sinking spell in the afternoon.

By 6:00 my computer was at the end of its battery life and so was I.
It was raining, so I couldn't hike, but I went to the gym and did barre instead,
then after showering, ate my dinner in bed while watching Schitt's Creek. 
Total dream day!

No comments: