Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Day 2 Was Fantastic

Today's view from my window.
Wondered if when the clouds moved snow would be on the ground. 
There wasn't.
 

But it did sleet for a second while I was eating lunch!
But mostly just rained.
I had a salad for lunch which isn't easy to eat in bed, so I got dressed and ate and worked at this table in the lobby living room. This lodge really has a fantastic set-up.


At 5:30 my computer was almost dead and the rain had stopped so it was a good time for a hike.
Saw Courtney had called so I called her back and we talked the whole time 
(I think it's a first for me using my headphones to have a phone conversation.)
Poor Courtney having to listen to me talk while out of breath!
(Now I don't remember what this lift was...)


Best colors and views!



Had a proper dinner in the restaurant tonight, listening to a podcast to entertain me while eating alone. 
Then back to the room to write some more. 
5,000 words today and a lot more filling in the gaps.
It feels so good to be having success.
Watched the 9th inning of the Dodgers Cardinals game tonight and wrote at the same time,
which was a nice distraction from the super intense tied, winner takes all, end of game.
This is me watching them celebrate their win.
I could feel myself smiling as I sat alone watching the celebration on my phone,
so I had to capture it!
(And look at me remembering to pack my Dodgers shirt!)


And while I watched just the 9th up here, Dan had all the kids over for dinner and they
watched together down there. Love this action pic of dinner!


Last night as I drifted off to sleep I suddenly burst awake realizing,
"I don't think I locked the door."
I had a debate between my tired self and my worried self about if it mattered or not.
But then my worried self reminded my tired self if I didn't go check it would wake me up every hour or so with dreams that a murderer was letting themself into my room while I slept in this somewhat Shining-ish, almost-vacant-during-the-off-season lodge. 

So I got up and checked and sure enough it wasn't locked.
And I slept just fine. Although I did dream about people in my room again tonight. 
But it was a much bigger room and they were friendly.


No comments: