Friday, October 29, 2021

Brave

Tried a Zoom "Writer's Hour" this morning with 30 other people. 
Structured as five minute a free write from a prompt followed by polishing for 15 minutes, 
ending with 30 minutes of sharing work. 
I "raised my hand" (zoom version) and prefaced with it's my first time but I'm trying to be brave.
 Read with shaking voice and shaking hands but to a very supportive community.


I screenshot the responses as a reminder to continue being brave.


Then off to Clara's today because she's recently been saying she's hungry for real food. 
I took her lunch and she actually ate about a tablespoon each of potatoes, chicken and corn 
and invited me to sit down and eat with her. It was nice.

Met Marty and Lizzie for a quick dinner in which Dan and I were both coming from different directions and were late because of traffic, and Marty and Lizzie had to leave early to go to a ward party.
But any time with our kids is terrific.

Back at home we made blueberry crisp, talked to friends for about an hour at Harmon's while we were buying ingredients (Harmon's grocery store in the neighborhood is a social hub on weekend nights for our age) and when we were finally back home, crisp just out of the oven, Marty and Lizzie showed up so we all watched a movie together. Not Coda as we had originally planned on, but Ghostbusters (circa 1984) because it was more Halloween-y, so therefore more appropriate, according to Marty.

This week's memes:




No comments: