Thursday, April 15, 2021

Rain Day

It was forecasted to rain all day. But I woke up to a text from Courtney saying the rain was waiting until 11:00 a.m. So I made my green drink, studied my scriptures, did Barre, then walked the 40 blocks to Columbia to meet Courtney. 


First, a hawk taking a bath. I'm not sure I've ever been this close to a wild hawk before. 



Then we shopped the bookstore looking for Columbia swag. 

And finally, the subway (safe again!) to Ramen for lunch. I'm usually not a huge ramen fan. 
Mostly because it takes me forever to eat it so everyone is done before me 
and I have to leave long before I'm satisfied. 


Fortunately, Courtney is a slow eater and didn't mind waiting for me. And I actually really enjoyed it.


After lunch it was pouring! We parted ways so she could work at home and I could work at the hotel. 


By the time I'd walked only seven blocks back, I was soaked.
Changed out of my wet clothes into sweats, my new sweatshirt and socks,
and I was so comfy it's a miracle I didn't lay down for a nap.


But I was very disciplined and worked for three hours.

I met up with Courtney in the evening and we measured every closet, shelf and drawer so we could start making an organizing plan. We didn't have time for a first run to Container Store, so we went to T.J. Maxx Homegoods instead. Not a lot of storage options to get excited about, but it was good to look.

Dinner with Courtney, Michael and Becca at a Greek restaurant that was delicious! 
Dips, salad, octopus, sesame feta, short rib, fish and Massouka. 
We ate family style and it was DELICIOUS!

Baklava with a flaming firework for dessert and to celebrate 
Michael's birthday last week and Courtney's next week.



No comments: