Sunday, April 04, 2021

He Is Risen

Loved that our Sunday back home was Conference Sunday plus Easter! 

I loved all the inspirational messages about faith in Christ's love, His resurrection, God's patience and that He will prevail, His chastening is like a surgery which may not be fun, but brings needed change, the inspired constitution, miracles and covenants and the announcement of 20 (!) new temples. Conference nourishes my soul. 

I also LOVED the emphasis on the different countries speakers were from as well as the choirs from around the world. We know we're a worldwide church, but this seemed a great way to show and celebrate it! Having the URL on the screen that switched between different languages was also so cool!


I look forward to listening to Saturday's talks over the coming weeks.

After the last session, we had our Easter egg hunt, and the kids are now loaded up with cash. 😏





Ham dinner with Whole Wheat Pineapple Carrot cake for dessert. Homage to my growing up years. Doubled the recipe for 2 9" cakes. Instead of applesauce, I subbed 1 1/4 C crushed pineapple. And coconut oil instead of butter. And did half 100% whole wheat, half oatmeal. (Even opened a food storage bin to access the wheat and grind it. I was going WAY back to my roots, people.) It was moist, but could have been more so. More pineapple next time? 

Used this recipe for a no-sugar cream cheese frosting. I did not let it soften as much as I should have (cottage cheese-like lumps) and had to use half creme fraiche and half tub cream cheese (instead of the recommended block) so it wasn't fluffy and a little thin, but it was still really good!!! Even got the kids vote of approval! 

Shout out to Chris who is going to have a HOT week! Mexico summer is getting started!

No comments: