Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Yes! Dodgers!!

They WON!!! 
Soooo exciting to see our Dodgers take the World Series!
Their last two times making it to the finals were in 2017 and 2018 when Marty was on his mission.
And when they lost, I was like... Dang, I wanted them to win, but I'm kinda glad Marty didn't miss it. 

So this was so sweet to have them take it when Marty could watch.
(Sorry, Chris!)
It was so fun to have been at Game 4.

And finally, finally, our dog's namesake gets a ring!
To top off the night, I dreamed that the whole team came over for a party at our house after the game.
We hung out with all of them and I got a pictures of Marty and Kershaw together and I was really excited about that. So in my head, I'm pretty much best friends with all of them now.



Mookie Betts is new this year and so cute.
He's such a great hitter and runner and is so enthusiastic, and his smile reminds me of Chris.
I can't help but get happy when I watch him.


For the first time in my life, I actually know the whole team--especially after so many have been together for the last five years, (we miss you Puig). Another reason I like them so much is several are Courtneys' age -- Seager, Bellinger, Will Smith, Buehler -- and for so many years we see their ages and birthdates come up when they hit and we've said, "Wow! those guys are Courtney's age!" 

We watched all the post-game interviews and award presentations (MVP Seager) and just hung out with the team (cuz it feels like they're our friends). I'm sure the Fox announcers were also at my dream party, because I loved watching their joy reliving their glory days with the Dodgers win and their disappointments with Tampa Bay's loss. Loved the humanity in their commentary.


Side note, I'm feeling kinda bad for Snell, Tampa Bay's pitcher. He was absolutely amazing for the first six innings and it looked like he would easily finish us out. But he got pulled after allowing two hits. And Wow! his face said it all. He. Was. Ticked.
As a Mom, I totally recognized that look. It was exactly how Chris looks when he's mad! Ha.
My mom heart hurt for him because you just could see that he knew he could do it, and it wasn't given a chance.

But aside from the sad fact that one team has to lose 
(and it's been the Dodgers' turn plenty of times),
 it was a great, great night!