Thursday, October 29, 2020

Quiet Time


Today was a slow day. And so welcomed!
I got my hair cut and colored today and I love my stylist, Leslie.
We both love to write -- she's the one who inspired me to do NaNoWriMo last year.
(She actually told me about it two years ago, and it took me that long to do it.)
At other times when she's not writing, I inspire her to start up again.

Our kids are about the same ages and she's open about sharing happy stuff and hard stuff.
We're a lot different, but our humanity is a lot the same.
I always look forward to being with her -- and I've known her for almost as long as we've lived in Utah. She worked next to my old stylist, Erica, but I went to Leslie from time-to-time when Erica wasn't available. And Courtney used to go to her too.
When Erica stopped doing hair and the salon closed,  it was easy to just switch to Leslie at her new salon.

Anyway, I had a good chat with Leslie today and as a bonus came home feeling pretty.
I read my book (which is actually homework), had a short nap, went on a walk with Dan and Kershaw, talked to Courtney for an hour while Michael was out on a run and Dan took a new ward member to dinner, had Zoom office hours with my writing professor and got good answers to some writing questions I had, then hung out with Nick and Dan and surfed options for Spring Break.
And then it was time for bed.

After a busy last few days, I liked being quiet. 
I'm so grateful to have time. Time to take a writing class.
Time to write. Time to nourish my body and soul. Time to nurture relationships.
 

No comments: