Sunday, October 11, 2020

Good News

Good News: I'm not going inactive. 

For the first time since March 15, we had full two-hour church today. We went to the meetinghouse for in-person Sacrament Meeting and home to zoom for distance 2nd hour classes. It felt good to see friends again, everyone was a lot more comfortable and I felt a sweet spirit starting with the opening song. (Where can I turn for peace?)

I hadn't actually considered not going back, of course. I was simply surprised that the last few times we went to church I felt not only resistant, but disengaged throughout the meeting. It probably goes hand-in-hand. But if I'm being honest, I was burned out and it was great to have a break. So great. 

Zoom Relief Society




Look at this incredible Fall day!


Did I ever mention that when I told Christopher our family scripture for the year, he got super excited and said it was the mission scripture from his first month in Mexico and he recited it in Spanish by memory.
That made it all the more special, so I made a Spanish printout of it as well and hung them both.

No comments: