Saturday, October 17, 2020

Work and Play

Dan and I hiked a fast hour and thirty minutes up Mt. Olympus today. 
Made it past the grove after the 2nd river to the riverbed climb. About 2.75 miles. 
I would love to be able to make 3 miles in 1:30. But I think that goal won't happen this year.
It was such a beautiful day.

We got home and had breakfast for lunch with Nick and then they started winterizing the poolhouse
and getting the boat gear put away.

I hurried and made a batch of pasta sauce and tomatillo sauce to freeze,
then went out to help the guys. Fantastic tomatillo salsa recipe here: Tomatillo Salsa




Nick had a good idea for carrying in twice as many cushions at a time!



The pool house is now winterized and all the furniture moved and covered under the roof. 
It was such a gorgeous day, we couldn't bring ourselves to take the porch cushions in! 

We had dinner with friends tonight that we haven't been out with before. 
It was fun to be on a double date and get to know friends better.
Another reminder that I actually do like people and I don't want Covid to last forever.

No comments: