Monday, October 12, 2020

Cozy

Kristin and I hiked past the first river on Mt. Olympus today. 
It just flew by with someone to talk to. 


After lunch, I turned on all the heaters because it finally feels like  FALL! And I sat in the sunroom under a cozy blanket to be surrounded by the gorgeous leaves changing colors while reading my scriptures and doing my homework. The heater kicked on and had that musty yet comforting smell and it was perfect.

I even lit a fall candle. Which I never do because the smoke really irritates my throat and makes me cough. But it seemed like we needed a pumpkin candle to welcome fall. 

Then Chris called and we talked for a while. 
I love that he is so willing to share his feelings, concerns and successes.
He's so fun to talk to.


While I was talking with Chris, Nick was working with a tutor in math. 
Last night he was feeling stressed and asked if I could find him a tutor for today.
I said that would be impossible to find someone the next day. But I Googled and searched the neighborhood ads and references and contacted about ten people. Including a neighbor who had posted services online. Several people responded with availability this week, but our neighbor could meet Nick today right after school. They worked for two hours and he was able to explain a lot and Nick is feeling much better!! Yay for small miracles!

Tonight I had a zoom call for my class lecture. 
(Novel 2, have I mentioned I signed up for another UCLA Extension class? 
I'm looking forward to the feedback on two of my chapters.)

Check out the wallpaper on this classmates wall! 
She said it's scratch 'n sniff!!!!!!!!!!


Zoom in to be amazed!

No comments: