Sunday, July 19, 2020

Well...It's Going to Take Some Time

I'm not going to lie, I prefer Home Church.
I feel more engaged and personally invested. I love sitting in our living room with my boys.
And I was kind of uncomfortable singing. I thought we weren't supposed to sing indoors or in a group. And it also made me nervous that the speakers removed their masks. Not that I would get sick, but that they were spreading it amongst themselves -- 
all of them spitting then standing so close to the pulpit.
But that being said, there have been plenty of times I "just don't feel it" at church. But that's not how I feel most of the time. I'm sure it will just take some getting used to.
(And I'd also feel better if the positive cases would start decreasing.)

Our ward was broken into two sessions. One at 9:00 a.m. and ours at 1:00 p.m.
Three hours in between gives time for the virus to die between sessions.
Also, we'll go every other week and the other ward who meets in our building will go on opposite weeks from us.

After church we played Monopoly cards with Marty and Lizzie and Nick made guacamole.
Then we took naps, made chicken for dinner and finally came outside for another movie.
Tonight we watched Top Gun. It's meaningful because it was the first movie we watched in Dallas when we moved into our Yaggi house and Dan set up a new sound system. 
Top Gun was the best movie to appreciate the new technology at the time.
So of course it was a top pick for our new outdoor set-up.

We got a screen (and the sheet works the same way) that's see-through so you can watch both on the couches and in the pool!


Say it with me...
"I have the need... the need for speed."


No comments: