Monday, July 27, 2020

Just Stuff

Kristin and I walked together this morning and it felt so good to walk and talk.

Then came home and finished organizing and tidying Christopher's room, washed all the millions of towels that are always wet from the pool or various bathrooms, filled soap, swapped and washed hand towels, tidied the bunk room and put bins away that have been sitting in the hall for a week, cleaned up the stack of junk that was getting out of control on the kitchen counter, ate leftovers for lunch which was a lot like cleaning out the fridge, and generally took back control of the house. 

The control that was lost when two kids and a fiance came home during Covid. 
(I'm including Lizzie in coming home for dramatic effect. 
Even though she didn't live here or cause any messes. But it sounds more dramatic that way.)


After the satisfying feeling of putting the last load in the dryer, 
I went out to the hammock to read and promptly fell asleep.


I tried to read again when I woke up an hour later, but couldn't get into it, so just surfed and wasted time and enjoyed laying in a hammock with nothing to do.
And also reveled in an absolute flood of relief that came when I got a long text about Young Women's and knew I didn't have to do anything anymore since I've been released from my calling.
(I quit and got fired at the same time last week and although it definitely feels like the right decision, I'm still sad and it hurts -- for many reasons. But that's a story for another day. Or actually a story for my journal because its pretty personal. Suffice it to say, even though my president and I don't see things eye-to-eye, we do actually love each other. 
I know I feel that way, and she also said the same, and I believe her. 
But we're also probably equally happy not to be working together.)

Look carefully and you'll see a mommy deer and baby. They've been hanging around lately.
Tonight Dan made dinner and the meat was kind of a failure.
But fortunately it was just me and Nick and we are pretty easy-going about dinner
 and the veggies were delicious.

The three of us made 100 sandwiches for the Good Samaritan House
AND THEN... we all got Covid tested!
How's that for a fun Family Home Evening?

Marty and Lizzie get tested tomorrow and then we're all going to be even more 
careful until we go to the wedding. Counting down!!





No comments: