Tuesday, July 07, 2020

I Survived!

I survived my final procedure! Today my doctor was working with a new doctor who had just finished her residency with his ENT department and is taking a full-time job with them. That's good news because obviously Dr. Smith isn't going to work forever, and he's at the forefront of the ITS/SS field. So we need him training new people.

He was active in the procedure, guiding her through what to do, but I gagged a lot more than I have other times. I'm blaming it on the newbie. But I survived and it wasn't so hard to breathe afterward while everything was so numb, so that was a huge relief. 

His parting advice was, "If you get Covid, God forbid, tell them you need a smaller intubation tube than would normally be used on a woman. You won't need to be trached. Actually, just make sure you come to the U if you get sick and have them call us so we can walk them through what you need." It kind of made me feel good to have someone looking out for me.

I came home and slept all afternoon, then watched about 10 episodes of Jane the Virgin.

And in other exciting news, Nick invited a couple of girls over to teach how to skate on the ramp. It was just him and them and we were kinda excited that he is getting comfortable talking to girls and hanging out with them -- even one-on-one. They came inside when it got dark and were super excited to see that I also liked Jane the Virgin. Bonding. 

No comments: