Sunday, December 29, 2019

New Year Goals

Years ago when I was in a Primary Presidency, one of the leaders gave a sharing time on New Year's goals based after the scripture in Luke 2:52:

And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

The Church's new youth and children program encourages the youth to set goals based on the same scripture, encouraging self-improvement in four areas: Intellectual, Physical, Spiritual and Social.

Tonight at dinner we talked about our goals for the new year.
My goals include:
Spiritual: Continue reading the scriptures every day -- no missing on busy days or vacation. I want to witness to God that I remember Him.
Physical: Continue hiking and biking each week so I can hike Mt. Olympus confidently in the summer.
Intellectual: Continue with my daily writing routine and progress on my next steps for my book.
Social: I don't have something in mind for social yet.

Nick made goals too and I asked him to write them down in his journal. He didn't remember he had one. But when he found it, he did have one sentence written on one page: 10/16/17,  "Said a prayer and found my wallet."

No comments: