Saturday, December 21, 2019

They're Here!

Courtney and Michael arrived late last night!! I'm so excited to have the two of them for the weekend!
When we woke up this morning, Courtney was already out on a run and Michael was just headed out. (They are training for a half-marathon in March. Courtney ran 8.5 miles today! That's the first time I've heard that number associated with someone in our family.)

When she got back, Dan, Marty and I were all headed back to the gym to workout, so Courtney came joined us. So fun that nobody minded all being in the gym together.


We had a waffle breakfast on the old Christmas plates.


Everyone had different errands today, and I made Christmas cookies. We have so many treats around the house, we don't need more, but mainly I thought it would look festive. It was. 



I made Erin's chicken pot pie for dinner and salad. Bruschetta and a cheese board for appetizers. 
I wanted to sit around our table together rather than rushing out to a restaurant.  It's so fun to have all the kids plus Lizzie and Michael! 
(Not Chris, obviously. And we're all a little lonesome for him.
But so happy he's doing great things on his mission.)

We had time to walk through the lights on temple square when we got downtown.



Then the Harry Potter symphony.
Courtney and I wore robes, (oops, Nick's robe is child sized!) and my Ravenclaw sweatshirt.
Nick, Marty and Lizzie wore house scarves.
Most people dress up in Harry Potter gear for this event.





The House breakdown is as follows:
Dan & Nick: Gryffindor
Angela & Michael: Ravenclaw
Courtney & Lizzie: Hufflepuff
Marty: Slytherin

No comments: