Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Christmas Cookies

I had to make cookies for the YW cookie exchange tonight --
but I couldn't attend because it was Dan's work party.

I decided to make Erin's peanut butter kiss cookies and also (because I had the time and it sounded kind of fun to make another kind) jam thumbprints. 

They turned out super yummy! 
Also, Alex is here washing windows, so I sent him home with a plate. 
He said the apricot jam cookie reminded him of cookies his mom made in Brazil.
It almost tasted like guava!  

While I was at Target, I wondered if there was something I could have in my car to give to the homeless this winter. Gram gives out socks, so I started with that idea.
Then I added clementines, Clif bars and a couple of small Slim Jims. 
(Well I got the organic kind, of course.)
Nick helped me pack them into quart size Ziploc bags.


Dan's Christmas Party was great. It was fun to dress up and I got to catch up with Marian, Heidi and Michelle as well as Carter, Jeremy, Saul and Eric. I wished I'd had more time to catch up with Paul.

There was an older lady sitting alone at the end of the evening. 
I walked by and thought I should stop and introduce myself. 
But I didn't.
I woke up every hour last night thinking about her and wanting to kick myself.
I'm sorry I passed up an opportunity to be kind.

No comments: