Thursday, December 26, 2019

Sleeping In Christmas Vacation

Have I mentioned that this is the first Christmas ever... EVER... since we've been in Salt Lake that we didn't have houseguests the whole vacation (and beyond)?!  And while it's so much fun to be with everyone, it can be exhausting to move straight from the busy-ness of preparing for Christmas and Christmas Day into hosting a small army: cooking, hosting get togethers, planning activities, loading/unloading the dishwasher, changing sheets and always being on the go.

And so, having an actual Christmas Vacation has been bliss. We slept in until 10:30. 10:30!! When I stumbled out of my bedroom, I realized the cleaning ladies were here and had been for probably two hours! We had absolutely nothing we needed to do today which was heavenly. The main thing I accomplished was throwing out some treats and putting away others that didn't need to be sitting out on the counter.

Dan juiced a bunch of oranges for fresh o.j.
We took a walk, I read my scriptures and I ate healthy. Then I set up a puzzle and got to work. 
I watched The Man Who Invented Christmas while I was puzzling.
It's about Charles Dickens writing A Christmas Carol. 
It was so good, Dan watched it again when he got home.

My perfect puzzle spot to watch TV and work.
Courtney went to Indiana this morning (Dan took her to the airport at 4:30 a.m.!) and Marty had plans with Lizzie. So our house has been extra quiet. 

A couple of things to add about this Christmas Season: 
1) On Sunday we listened to all three Amy Grant Christmas albums in a row... TWICE.
I sang along and loved every second.
But when we got home from Lizzie's and turned random Christmas music back on, I was definitely over it. So we've discovered it takes 8 hours for me to get sick of Christmas music.
Although I'm sure I could listen to Amy Grant and Carpenters endlessly.

Tonight we went to dinner and the Jazz game with the Rigby's.
Nick got to cash in on his Christmas credit to buy a Malone jersey.


We also ran into Ashlyn and Tessa.


And if you look carefully, you'll see Nick and Will. They got to sit in the awesome seats.


No comments: