Thursday, December 05, 2019

Greeting Cards Have All Been Sent

Christmas cards are ready to be sent out.
A good trick to not having to lick 340 envelopes is to dip a corner of a rag into water and wipe across the envelope. You can do about four at a time. 



I forgot to use the Christmas stamps I had leftover from last year. 
We end up using Christmas stamps all year long. 
But to remedy the situation for 2020, I put a note in my October calendar 
reminding me that I have 100 extra!

I also made 26 cups of spiced nuts. 
So only 74 more to go.


Sending and receiving Christmas cards makes me happy. 
Sending and receiving neighbor gifts also makes me happy. 
I have friends who hate receiving gifts because it makes them feel obligated to send one, and that feels stressful to them. Here's the deal. I don't keep a big list to make sure I receive from everyone I give to. It doesn't matter. Yes, it's fun to open the door and see I have a treat or a gift on my porch. But I don't give in order to receive. It's just my way I like to show people I love them and I'm grateful for them. I enjoy it so I do it. Merry Christmas!


Also, guess what? Tonight Dan said, "Angela, why don't you turn on your Christmas playlist?"
That made me very happy because often everyone gets sick of my Christmas playlist. 
I have a large variety too.
What's funny is my dad played the same record album every night, every year throughout the Christmas season and I didn't get sick of it. 
I LOVE it!
Carpenter's Christmas is still one of my favorites. And that's what I played tonight.

No comments: