Friday, December 13, 2019

Breakfast and White Elephants

The Monkey Bread definitely rose! But it was easy to pop down with a fork.
And it turned out perfectly golden brown and sticky. 
It's a keeper recipe for easy bread treat for a crowd.
Only problem was the glaze spilled over onto the oven and the burned smell filled the house.
I had to quickly scrape the bottom of the stove, then run around placing diffusers wit lemon in three different places to get rid of the smoke and smell. It worked. Crisis averted!



I added fruit salad, homemade cranberry pumpkin bread and veggie/ham quiche.
It was quite a feast. Basically everything I'm making for the young women's Christmas brunch a week from Sunday. I wanted to practice. 
Good thing I did. The quiche took an extra fifteen minutes to cook than I had planned for.


Lots and lots of fun laughing. And hysterical white elephant gift exchange too. 

Unopened! KT's mom had kept since she got married!

Someone found the old Oly High Class of '88 calendar. Wow! 
I ended up with bunny ears and an unopened Family History video. I gifted a box of frozen taquitos -- leftover from last summer when I bought 6 boxes for Chris' farewell and then he changed his mind about what to serve. 

We went to a Jazz game with friends at night.
And tomorrow off to Phoenix for a Shaeffer party!





No comments: